Thanks for stopping by!!! Please leave comments!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another day, another dollar.... another cry for help.

147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:147 (NIV)

For most of my life I have been blessed with the opportunities to thoroughly enjoy where I work. This is not the case right now, don't get me wrong I know we live in a time where people all over the country are unemployed and I am grateful for at least having a job but what happens when the place we work for exposes us to things that do not match up with our values, our beliefs and more importantly starts to affect our lives outside of work? You see we spend most of our days getting ready for work, going to work then leaving work and winding down from work just to go to bed and start all over again. Lately as time at my new job has progressed I feel like I wake up every morning just dazed and confused that I have to go to that crazy place again. It is almost like the psalmist says "I rise before dawn and cry for help". I believe that God is still in control and we can trust Him. Sometimes we need to suffer for the sake of another person who needs God in their life, sometimes we need to be challenged to step outside our Christ bubble and be exposed to people who need Him, this is why we live right, to share the gospel?

With that said, here is my final thought. Whether you love where you work or not, ask yourself.... why does God have me here? We serve an amazing God that loves each and every one of us so much and we can trust Him ALWAYS. My prayer is this, that no matter the circumstances, in this case work, that we "cry for help' and continue to put our hope in Him. It will be so worth it!

No comments: