Thanks for stopping by!!! Please leave comments!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love is......


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The word love seems so hard to understand at times. I know we often talk about the depths of Gods love and how hard it is to understand that He could love us, but what about the idea that a person could love us and show us Gods love? My wife is an amazing woman, she shows me daily a love that I believe only God could put within her. I know this is the cheesy verse where we are told to replace the word love with our name but how about our spouse?

My wife is patient, my wife is kind. She does not envy, she does not boast, she is not proud. My wife is not rude, she is not self-seeking, she is not easily angered, my wife keeps no record of wrongs. My wife does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. My wife always protects, always trusts, always hopes and she always perseveres.

I am realizing that she does not wake up everyday and remind herself to be these things, but instead she focuses on God. God within her makes her all these things and more important, God within her allows her to remind me how much He loves me. I understand experiencing love is difficult for most of us, and that is why I am so grateful to have a wife that loves the Lord more then she loves me, as a result she shows me a love that is so amazing to experience and so beautiful to see. I pray that we can all learn to put Him before the ones we love, it will allow us to love them so much more.



No comments: