Thanks for stopping by!!! Please leave comments!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Serve Him 1st, everything else in your life will follow.


Joshua 22:5 (NIV)

5 But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."

I met with an old friend today and I was so blessed. I met my friend Trent years ago when he was fresh out of college and taking on his first ministry position as a worship leader. Little did I know why God crossed our paths (we seldom do) but today I am so thankful. I witnessed someone with an amazing gift to lead worship, I am talking the kind of gift that you truly watch and see God working right in the very moment of worship. He had a tough road with his 1st ministry position but his faith could not be shaken, challenged ....of course. As I met with him today I am reminded of the importance of following God above and beyond anything else in this life. God is doing amazing things within my friend Trent and I believe it is only the beginning. You see Trent, just like many, had every reason in the WORLD to do something else, throw in the towel and give up.... but he didn't. I believe when we focus on God, we see things different, hear things different and say things different.

God should not have to ask for all of us, when we understand His amazing love and passion for us we should desire no less than to give Him all of us. I heard someone say once, If God is working in your life you do not have to tell others, they can simply see it. To my friend Trent.... I am so blessed to be a part of your journey, keep putting Him 1st. To others who may be in the midst of searching for Gods amazing plans for your life... I would tell you this, give Him all of you, not because He wants all of you but because He deserves it. He died for us to show us His amazing love for us, need I say more. Live for Him.... everything else will follow!


No comments: